CDG Play Striped T-Shirt
I’m going to be comparing 2 (Aliexpress) CDG shirts to a legit one. Some things to note: The legit CDG is the striped Navy/white while the reps are the black and the black/white.
Flaws visible to other people that might call you out:
- The collar. On the rep the striped collar part is a sliver of white, a large portion black, then another sliver of white. While on the legits it’s evenly split half navy then half white. This is definitely the most obvious flaw. I know Aliexpress. does produce correct collars. I really should have specifically asked for a correct one.
- The heart. On the legit the upper left half of the heart is curved while the right portion is slightly pointed at the top and the side. While on the rep the right side of the heart is only slightly pointed on the side rather than the top. Also on my black rep there is a small amount of extra fabric on part of the heart that makes a V.
- The pupils. On the legit the black pupils are in line with the white of the eye. On my black rep the black pupils go slightly above the white. On the striped black/white the pupils are perfect.
Flaws that are not visible, unless you take your shirt off for someone to inspect:
- The legit tag’s font is thicker than the reps (where is says “COMME des GARCONS”).
- The tiny star under the C in GARCONS on the legit is a lot duller than the reps. The rep’s star looks really sharp while the legit looks like the points of an asterisk.
- The L (the size) for the legit is evenly placed in the middle, while on the reps you can see that the L is not properly placed in the middle.
- The legit heart is sewn on with white thread while on the reps it's red.
Those are basically all the flaws I have noticed. Some of the flaws are very minute, but I like to be detailed. One thing to add, the width of the stripes on the rep are larger than the legit. In the photo it’s hard to see because of the perspective. I didn’t count this as a flaw though because the legit is shrunk so I wouldn’t know for sure. Also I didn’t compare the material because both of them feel practically the same. The legit is a bit softer but that’s probably because it’s been washed so many times.
There’s not much to say cause the comparison covered a lot.
Sizing- I went for a L and I am a S/M (6’1, 145 Ibs, slim build). The shirt fit in some parts but didn’t in others. The length and the width of the shirt was spot on, but the length of the sleeves is very short. The sleeves rose about 3-4 inches above my hand. I wouldn’t say I have overly long arms. I HAVE NOT washed the shirt yet. I have heard they shrink.
Packaging/ shipping- Packaging looked good. I've never seen real CDG packaging but it came with the tags and labels and all that good shit. It arrived in about 2 and a half weeks. Tracking number is bogus.
Quality- Pleased. Just make sure you ask for a good collar, heart, and pupils. Material is nice too. No loose threads or anything.
Overall- Kind of conflicted. I’m disappointed in the sizing and the collar, but everything else i'm good on.