Comparison of Real and Fake Bape Tags (Macro)
I tried to match them as best I could. From looking at other tag pictures my fake one isnt very good so I guess this is a worst case scenario. This is the only fake one I own however so cant check.
The biggest differences I see:
- The edge of the ape head is much more detailed on the retail than the fake.
- Single stitched on the retail, double on the fake
- Funnily enough the ® icons are more detailed on the fake than the retail
- Seems like just mine but the outline has been printed out of place of the filled in areas
Brown Ape Tag
- The stitching is more tightly packed on the retail, the fakes the white stitching behind is more visible
- The retail is stitched on with just a single line of tread at the top
Gold Ape Tag
- The tag materials itself is more yellow
- The retail outline is more defined, the stitching is less bright
- The retail head is placed slightly higher than the fake
- The retail edge stitching is thicker
- Unsure if this is because the two t-shirts are different but on the retail it says "Made in Japan" above on the back of the main tag and "Made in China" on the fake